Fundamentals of Information Governance Certificate Program
Fundamentals of Information Governance
Ten - 90 Minute Sessions, OnLine, Recorded, OnDemand, 24.7 - Take when you want to take. Just login!
Get recognized as an authority in Information Governance
This Online Certificate course gives you intensive training for implementing an effective and practical Information Governance program. Discover how this program can help you master the skills that can help make you a top-notch Information Governance Specialist. You'll see and learn the latest systems to implement whether you work in a traditional or progressive environment. Face real-world challenges taught by the best experts in the field. Return to work with an action plan you can immediately apply to your law firm or in-house legal department.
Earn your certificate in Information Governance now!
How You Will Benefit
- Correctly initiate projects
- Create and implement a balanced plan
- Plan for the unexpected
- earn all aspects of Information Governance
- Acquire necessary prerequisite knowledge
- to running and/or implementing a program
What You Will Learn
IG Role in Law Firms and In-house Legal Departments Today
Information Governance Goals
- Information Lifecycle
- Lifecycle Management Fundamentals
- The Good Ole Days
- Primary Stakeholders & Players
Administrative information and Client Requests
- Information Governance Goals & Legal Ethics
- Benefits of IG
- Legal Ethics and IG
Leadership Roles & Responsibilities
- Information Security
- Records and information management
Impact/Considerations of Electronic Information Management
- Considerations for large/medium/small firms
- Defining Process
- Achieving Collaboration and Creating Partnerships
- Outside Influences
Transfer of Information
- Transition from Unstructured to Structured Environments
- Transfers/Matter Mobility
Administrative Department Information
- Litigation Holds/Preservations
- Mandated Destructions
Development of an Efficient and Practical IG Program
- Third-Party Relationships
- Information Security
Role of the IG Professional
- Organizational Structure and Collaboration
- Leadership Profiles
- Marketing IG
- Selling to Management and End Users
- Messaging of the Program
- Value of Metrics
Back To Top
- Predictive Coding/Analytics
- Big Data
- The 24/7 Law Firm
Who Should Attend Attorneys, Records Managers, Information Governance Specialists, Paralegals, Administrators, Information Governance Specialists seeking more formal training and anyone interested in enhancing their career by becoming an Information Governance Specialist.
Upon completion of this program,
successful attendees will be able to:
- Explain the role of Information Governance in today’s legal system;
- Demonstrate knowledge of the Information Government process,
- Demonstrate knowledge of the principles of Information Governance, legal ethics and Best Practices;
- Proficiently access, locate, and manage IG matters by both traditional and electronic methods;
- Demonstrate problem-solving and critical, analytical thinking skills within the context of Information Governance practical issues; and
- Communicate effectively with accurate legal terminology in written and/or oral form, with a demonstrated proficiency in the governance of information.
OLP's Information Governance program focuses on onDemand training for the role of an effective Information Governance Specialist. Sessions focus on practical application from project management skills to the how-to and up-to-date information on the specialty.
Students must complete all classes in order to receive a Certificate of Completion.
- Registration in the program includes a one-year OLP membership. Members receive approximately 50+free webinars per year plus other benefits.
- Graduates of the program receive significant discounts on OLP courses, eDiscovery certification exam and prep course.
Robin Woolen, MBA, IGP has worked in the field of information
lifecycle management since 1994 with a specialty in strategic consulting
focused on enterprise-scale information management systems. His career includes
both Public and Private sectors with a client list from the nation’s top 25
cities and the Fortune 500. Mr. Woolen is a recognized leader in the field of
information governance and a national speaker teaching others how to improve
their own programs. Mr. Woolen holds a Masters of Business Administration in
Management of Information Systems from Park University and is a certified
Information Governance Professional from ARMA International, the authority on
governing information as a strategic asset.
Connect with Mr. Woolen on Twitter (www.Twitter.com/@TheRecordsGuru), his
Linkedin profile (http://www.linkedin.com/in/robinwoolen/en) or The
Records Guru® website (www.TheRecordsGuru.com)
Back To Top
Take the recorded sessions OnDemand, 24/7 and study at self-pace.
Recorded sessions only:
Members: Only $575! Non-Members: Only $ 599!!!
You can't get this top, top quality course at this great deal anywhere!
firstname.lastname@example.org 541.854.0673onDemand, 24/7 - Study at your own pace
OLP is a California MCLE Multiple Activity Provider
CLE Eligible - check with your state
States typically decide whether a program qualifies for MCLE credit in their jurisdiction 4-8 weeks after the program application is submitted. Some states and organizations allow credit through reciprocity or self-submission. View accreditation information for your state.