Take the LitSupport Certification Exam
from OLP and Pearson Vue
Become a Certified Litigation
The Certified Litigation Support certification examination sets a standard in legal technology and is a symbol of excellence. CLSS® signifies that an individual has demonstrated the knowledge and skills required to perform competently in today's complex Litigation Support environment.
Certification is a voluntary action by a professional group to establish a system to grant recognition to professionals who have met a stated level of training and work experience. Certified individuals are usually issued a certificate attesting that they have met the standards of the credentialing organization and are entitled to make the public aware of their credentialed status, usually through the use of initials after their names.
Certifications differ from certificate programs because certifications include an experience component. Certificate programs, on the other hand, award certificates once a course of study has been completed and do not require previous work experience.
10 Great Reasons to Take OLP’s Litigation Support Certification Exam CLSS®
1. The exam was developed by a team of 32 well-known and respected top Litigation Support experts in the US and beyond. Top experts include partners in major firms, in-house legal department counsel, well-known consultants, Ph.D.s, authors and law professors.
2. OLP partnered with Pearson VUE, a $7 billion corporation and global leader in certification exams.
3. The test follows the science of psychometrics: A team of two Ph.D.'s worked alongside of OLP's Exam committee rendering an unbiased, fair, independent, vendor-neutral and balanced exam.
4. OLP has an outstanding reputation for gold-standard courses in Litigation Support and eDiscovery utilizing the best possible instructors who have contributed to the certification exam prep courses.
5. Certification demonstrates to your clients, judges, courts, competitors, staff and investors that you use industry-respected best practices.
6. The process of achieving and maintaining the certification also helps ensure that you are continually improving and refining your knowledge and skills, staying up-to-date with the latest changes.
7. The regular assessment process will improve attorney and staff responsibility, commitment and motivation.
8. Passing this rigorous exam can demonstrate to employers that they have made the right hiring decision; CLSS® certification can improve overall performance, remove uncertainty and widen market opportunities.
9. Results are not only internal. Promoting your certified Litigation Support team to your in-house team, clients and other stakeholders can also have significant benefits for your law firm.
10. Proceeds from revenues are put back into the organization for the benefit of members and the legal community. Participants working hard on the exam did so out of a desire to better the legal community and bring higher quality education and tools to the arena.
The Litigation Support Certification Exam
· Applies to the many multi-disciplined Litigation Support and technology positions combining substantive law and technology: from attorney to paralegal, litigation support and consultant.
· Is a rigorous, sound and knowledge-based exam without the influence of products or services.
· Available year-round at over 1,000 worldwide Pearson Vue secured testing facilities in a proctored environment using patent-tested, award-winning, proprietary technology.
· Is a standardized measurement of core competencies in discharging the duties presented by e-discovery in multiple disciplines.
· The CLSS® exam follows the competency assessment principles and standards of the National Commission for Certifying Agencies (NCCA), the leading organization of the credentialing community setting credentialing quality standards.
Specific to the topic
Media / Hardware / Software/ terminology
Appropriate uses of software
eDiscovery Definitions / File Extensions / Terminology / EDRM
Case law as appropriate
Legal Procedure and Rulings / Case Law / Resources / FRCP / Sedona
Legal Project Management
Information Management / Backup / Records Management / Legal Hold
Cost Controls and Budgets
Early Case Assessment
Early Case Assessment / Matter Life Cycle / Mater Planning / Software Applications
Data Processing / Document Coding
Production Format / Records Retention
Risk Control and Management
Software Applications / Review Tools / Forensics / Authentication / Hardware/Software
CLSS® Preparation Course:
This course will help you prepare for the CLSS® Examination. Covered are topics tested on the CLSS® Examination, as well as the format and strategies for success. This interactive, OnDemand, self-study course is an overview of questions you might receive in the exam. The prep course is not intended to be in-depth reviews of the examination nor should it be considered as a replacement for the experience and knowledge necessary for successful performance.
OLP Members: 695.00
Candidates may sign-up for the CLSS® Prep course immediately.
Upon registration, you will be sent login information for the prep course.
CLSS® Exam Fee:
OLP Members: 395.00
You will be sent information as to how to schedule a date for your exam with Pearson.
CLSS Certification Examination & Prep Course
Become a charter member of CLSS designates!
OLP Corporate Brochure
Group rates are available for members of the same firm.
A certificate program differs from a certification exam. A certification exam indicates mastery/competency, hands-on experience and is typically administered by a 3rd party standard-setting organization set through a defensible, industry-wide process. A certificate program does not constitute certification. It indicates completion of a course. You cannot be certified by taking a course. You must take the aforementioned certification exam.